For the actual Khmer New Year (April 14-16 ish) I will be in Vietnam. A Cambodian friend of mine asked me to go on this tour with her. Her mom and sister will also be joining us! We will leave in the morning (12th) and return on the 17th. This is vacation, and it will also be an opportunity to spend a lot of time with Cambodians, two of which are not believers. Please be in prayer for this time ... for our safety and that my friend and I would glorify God in all that we do, and that this would be an opportunity for us to not only share the love of Christ, but also the message of Truth! It will be a trying time, and I am excited for all that God has in store for us!
GAMES
AND THE WATER BEGINS
Who knew it snowed in Cambodia?!? ... or maybe that's baby powder!
DANCING
FOOD
It was one of the girls' birthday, so she brought food to share. I was not too excited to try it :-( After trying many things a few weeks ago, I thought I wouldn't really have any more problems with trying food. From this I learned that this is something I will have to constantly be in prayer about, and in dependence upon God to eat and enjoy! I don't want to just be able to eat because I feel obligated to, but I hope to really want to because I am filled with Christ's love!
2ND WATER FIGHT
You can see that the stategy is to hold someone down, while another person throws water, water balloons, or powder on them! In the second picture, the guys locked me in the bathroom for several minutes then opened the door and threw several bowls of water at me! :-)
3RD WATER FIGHT
>Preparation
We put ice in the chests to make the balloons cold. We ended up making a lot more with normal sized balloons and with tiny clear bags! We even had some with jellies in them ... we're still not sure if that was a good idea or not!
This game ended with the girls using the last little bit of freezing water and pouring it on five different guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment