The first week of class, we always have a lot of students, but by the end of the term at least a third of them stop coming. In some ways that's sad, but it also means that we can focus more on the fewer students who stick around.
Pray for God to work in all of their hearts for as long as they come and even after they leave!
My 5:30 Class
This class has about 20 returning students (from last term) and 25 new students.
My 3:30 Class
I love all of my classes, but I'm especially excited about this 3:30 class. I asked to teach the students with the lowest English level. Some of them are really really low. It's forcing me to speak more Khmer and is encouraging me to learn more Khmer. I shared my testimony with this class through really choppy English, very choppy Khmer, and drawing (along with the help of a couple of the "higher" level English speakers. This class also gives me more patience to speak with other students who don't know very much English.
My 1:30 Class
My 1:30 class has a couple of students who know quite a bit of English.
Sadly, I speak more like a Cambodian speaking English than an American speaking English. I rarely use contractions, and often speak in choppy sentences leaving out words like, "this, it, is, to, the ..." Even when I teach, I talk like that :-( It's hard, because so many students won't understand if I speak 100% normal, but this class is making me think more about the way I talk. I hope to speak correctly and for them to still understand, especially when we're talking about the Word of God!
No comments:
Post a Comment