Friday, January 17, 2014

The Last Two Weeks ...

The last two weeks in one word ... CRAZY!
There's crazy chaotic and there's crazy amazing / praise God!  

We had testing on the 6th and 8th ... and every day since then. (crazy chaotic). The 7th was a holiday, celebrating the end of the Khmer Rouge (1979). Click HERE to learn more! In addition to the holiday, there were protests and rumors of protests, so many students could not come register.

Praise God for the extra space and extra teachers that we have this term. We're able to have three different classes for every time slot. And in the evening we have seven classes! That means less students in each class, which means we can better connect and build relationships with our students! Between my three classes, I have about 60 students. About half of them are "old" / returning students.

Pictures of my classes:

                    My 1:30-2:30 class!                                                   My 4:30-5:30 class!
I've found that having a class size of 6-15 is ideal. Having them sit in a U-shape or semi-circle helps them to bond with one another.

                                                              My 6:00-7:00 class!


Crystal left Wednesday night to go to America for her best friend's wedding. Please be praying that she will be refreshed and grow closer to God during the next two weeks while she's in the states, so that she'll finish strong, her last three months here. While she's gone, I'm teaching her 3:00-4:00 class, and combining our 4:30-5:30 classes. Mr. O and Mr. K are taking turns in teaching her 6:00-7:00 class / Bible study.


          Crystal's 3:00-4:00 Class!

                                    Crystal's 4:30-5:30 Class! (my class joined, right after the picture)




The Wednesday program: Connection Café 5:00-6:00
- Play games, eat a snack, have a drink ...

                      Spoons                                                                  Uno

                                                                 All 4 groups

Wednesday program : CONNECT 6:00-7:00
- A message / teaching, songs, connecting with each other, with us, and with God! (no pictures)


 Please be praying for our classes / our students / Connection Café and CONNECT / my team ...
- I will be teaching this Wednesday (between 5 & 6am Oklahoma time) PRAY. pray. PRAY!!!!

The other praise God amazing stuff is, the number of students that have recently believed and are very close to believing ... I'll be sending "Cambodia - Year 1 In Review" this weekend, which will have a lot more detail about that, answered prayer requests, what I've been learning ... If you don't currently receive my newsletters via email, and want to, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I would love to add you to the list and it's no problem at all! I'm actually very encouraged and blessed more than I'll ever know, by those who read the newsletters and blog updates, and pray for us! THANK YOU for the part that you have in what God is doing in my life and in the lives of many Cambodians!

No comments:

Post a Comment