In my December Newsletter, I wrote about how I don't understand why Cambodians decide to believe / follow Jesus, but they don't tell anyone. They wait until they're asked, or until something brings it up. (This is not true for all cases, but I've found it's very common)
I'm the kind of person that likes to know a lot of information / details ... (some things I could care less, but if I do care, then it drives me crazy until I know). I'm having to learn to let that go (from this situation and many others) and I'm far from "learned."
In the March Newsletter, I gave a list of names of people who've said they believe / follow, but haven't or aren't ready to be baptized. One that I've forgotten about is Vwa-dtie. She's studying with Crystal from 6-7 and at the beginning of the term she said that she'd believed for a few weeks. Her aunt, who's my age, has believed for 5-6 years and has been taking Vwa-dtie to church for a long time. *** Just today when another student from her class asked if she was a Christian, she said "she doesn't know God yet." Pray that she would truly know God!
Today, I was talking to Sah-vwahn, and after talking for a little while, I asked him what he thought about Jesus, Christianity ... "Oh I like Christians! They never lie. They have love ... " Before he always blew off people who invited him to church, or talked to him about Jesus, but now he thinks it's good...
- Then I asked, "so you think it's good, but you don't follow yet, right?"
> He said, "no, I follow."
- You believe Jesus?
> Yes, but I'm not baptized yet.
- Have you told anyone? Does anyone know?
> I don't know / no
- Does Sa-Rye know? (Him and Sa-rye are/were best friends.)
> (With a not sure look) Sa-rye ...uhh, I maybe no.
- Do you want to be baptized?
> Yea, I want ... but, not yet.
I shared Romans 10:9 "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." I explained how Christians still lie, still sin ... We're still human. I also said that after a person believes and chooses to follow Jesus / they confess Him as Lord, that means they say He is Lord. They should tell other people that Jesus is Lord and tell them about Jesus ... The conversation was not all of this verbatim, but -ish. I hope it went more smoothly than how I'm typing it out (what I remember).
After that we started talking about other things. I don't know where Sah-vwahn stands (whether he's truly given his life to Christ, or if he's just really, really close) & it's not necessary that I know, but please be praying for him!
Pray for his friend, Sa-rye, who's believed for about 9 months and was just baptized about 6 weeks ago. Sa-rye is a naturally fun and crazy guy, but he's been a little extra crazy lately. Maybe it's good, I don't know. Even during the Bible study class, he plays around a lot.
Here's a few pictures of Crystal's 6-7 Bible Study class. Please be praying for them. A couple have been brothers and sisters for a while, several just in the past few months, and several not yet!
Crystal leaves in a few days. I'll be teaching one of her classes. Another class has been split, and half have joined my class and half Brandon's. That leaves the group pictured above. Please pray for a leader to teach that group. There is someone Mr. K has in mind, but please pray for wisdom!
I'm looking forward to the day that we can call all of them our brothers and sisters! Pray for protection against the evil one. Any of them could get a job, or something else happen that would pull them away from continuing to learn and be in God's Word, with God's people. Pray that those who've yet to surrender, that they'll really seek after THE ONE TRUE GOD!



No comments:
Post a Comment