Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kyñome Chngall Nah!

Yesterday we had Part 1 of the Kyñome Chngall Nah ( I Wonder A Lot) workshop. There were about 40 people who came, including leaders and servers, so there were about 25 non-Christians who came! As explained in the previous post, this workshop is for the non-Christians who have questions about Jesus / Christianity / Cambodian Christians ...

We had times of GAMES (not pictured), SNACKS ...


PRIZES (Lucky Draw) ...


DISCUSSION about common questions most Cambodians have about Christianity.


ANSWERS to those questions.


My team leader made video's for this workshop several months ago, before the afternoon church did  the same workshop. The videos have different people asking the questions, then other people explain the pre-scripted answer based on what the Bible says.

and HANG OUT after the workshop!



Please pray for Dee-nat. She had a lot of questions and seemed really interested! Also pray for her friend Eye-ling, who asked "who's Preah Je-ma-jah?" which is  "Lord" in Khmer. Pray that God would be preparing the hearts of these two young ladies, to be "good soil," that He would give us the opportunity to share with these girls, that we would be obedient, and that He would give them  understanding!!!

I'm Constantly Amazed - I serve an awesome God
Tear-E is a girl that came to our organization about 2 years ago (a few months before I came on a team, Summer 2012). She was in Crystal's class, and Crystal was having opportunities to share with her, then my team came over the summer and Marie and I were also able to share a lot with Tear-E. She was SO close to believing. When my team left, we continued to pray for her, and Crystal was able to study the Bible with her ... As I was preparing to come back, I mentioned her name many times, as someone to pray for. Finally, a year and a month ago, this young lady surrendered to follow Jesus Christ!!!!!!

I was able to see her baptized a short time later, then watch her grow into a young woman of God these past 13 months! It's truly amazing to see how God has worked through her and is continuing to mold her to look more like His Son!

She was one of the MC's for "Kyñome Chngall Nah", our program yesterday. I was blown away by how she did. She was the ONLY leader who came on time (to the pre-meeting) and she helped clean up and prepare for the workshop! During the program she was confident and comfortable. She took initiative and helped lead the entire program, then assisted the groups during discussion time.

Not related to the program, but to how God is working in Tear-E ... My class will be studying baptism (probably at the end of this week), and I videoed Tear-E's baptism. So last week I asked if it would be okay if I showed my entire class that video. She happily agreed! Then I explained that I've shown it to a couple individuals before, but I wanted to get her permission before showing it to an entire class. With such joy and confidence in her voice, she responded, "Yes, you can show them that I follow Jesus!" AMEN! Praise God for how He's worked through her. Please  continue to pray for our sister, Tear-E: for her relationship with God, for her family to one day surrender to Him too, and for every little detail in her life to bring her closer to the Father and to bring others to Him too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment