Several of these students have been coming to the Sunday afternoon church with the team. A few more plan on coming tomorrow (Sunday, 3am CST). Please PRAY that they will continue to meet on Sundays, even after the team leaves (in about a week). Also ASK God to work in each of these students lives!
Integrity - doing what's right even when nobody's looking or when it makes things harder for you
Proverbs 10:9 "Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out."
Interviews
Team work
The Bridge Eating
"The Cow Goes Up the Mountain" - do you see that "mountain" of cow (beef) and vegetables?
The "program" (pics above):
- a team building exercise about integrity
- questions for a few of the believers
1. What did you think before you believed?
2. Why did you believe?
3. What's been one / some of the most difficult things since you've believed?
4. Why did you choose to believe even though you knew you'd face these problems?
- time in the WORD (Acts 26, which is Paul's testimony)
- break
- a team building exercise about team work
- "The Bridge Illustration"
- time in the WORD (Philippians 3:4-10)
... then we went to "The Cow Goes Up The Mountain" to eat and spend more time together!
Phil 3:4-10
3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.
7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
1. What did Paul think was for his benefit BEFORE? (4-6)
2. After Paul gave up those things to follow Jesus, how did he feel about them? (7-8)
3. What is the most important thing to Paul NOW? (10)
4. If YOU choose to follow Jesus, what will YOU "give up"?
Some of the answers for question 4 were:
- my religion ("To be Cambodian is to be Buddhist")
- many cultural traditions (which involve bowing down to idols & giving offerings to spirits)
- relationships with friends and family (not always "give up" but usually that relationship changes)
and more...
Challenge:
Would you (the person reading this post) consider what it really means to follow Jesus? What did you have to give up to follow Jesus? Is there anything else that God is asking you to "give up"? What's number ONE in your life?
(*Note: There is no judgment here, and I'm ashamed to say that many times Christ is not first in my life. And though in my head and even my heart, I think He is, my actions and thoughts don't prove it.)
Here's a link to a song that would also be good to listen to and think about the lyrics. Can we sing this with truth?
Gladly Would I Leave Behind Me - Sovereign Grace
VERSE 1
Gladly would I leave behind me
All the pleasure I have known
To pursue surpassing treasures
At the throne of God the Son
Worthy of unending worship
Love and loveliness is He
By His precious death were millions
From the jaws of death set free
VERSE 2
Gladly would I give to Jesus
All affection, everything
For the washing of His mercy
Makes my ransomed heart to sing
“Holy, holy!” is the chorus
Rising up from those who see
Christ exalted, bright and burning
Full of pow’r and purity
CHORUS
Where else can I go?
Jesus, You’re the One
That I was made to know
What else can I do?
Jesus, You’re my all
I gladly run to You
VERSE 3
Gladly would I flee temptations
For their troubles fill my life
Turn and seek my God and Savior
For His goodness satisfies
Earthly treasures, all are passing
Thieves break in and rust destroys
But in God are awesome splendor
Love, and everlasting joys
TAG
Gladly would I give to Jesus
All affection, everything
For the washing of His mercy
Makes my ransomed heart to sing
No comments:
Post a Comment