Monday, July 7, 2014

Ashamed and Afraid ...

*I'd originally planned on writing this post on the 4th, but completely forgot ... better late than never!
--> I still plan on doing the next one on the 10th!

Pray for this young lady
 

She has studied at the student center since before I got here in January 2013. I remember a few months after I got here, when she came up to me after class and wanted to buy a Bible. Then we had a long discussion about all of the people in Cambodia who have never heard about Jesus. She was concerned about her own people (which is great, especially since she wasn't yet a believer herself).

Over the past year and a half, she's increased in her curiosity and knowledge of the Word. She's joined the night Bible study class for two terms. Different people have mentioned how she has great insight into the Scriptures. And she has been attending church for at least six months.

Right after the team got here, she told one of the girls on the team that she was a Christian. She even wrote on her paper that she'd been a Christian for a week. After I found out about it, I told her I wanted to talk with her. She already knew what it was about. She said, "about what I wrote on the paper?" YES! :-)

She said that she believes and chooses to follow only Jesus. I asked if she'd told anyone and she said, "no." I talked to her some more and she explained that she's afraid and ashamed. I asked a lot and tried to understand. I could understand that she was afraid to tell her family, but why not other Christians??? She just is. Later she told me that she did tell another person. She'd told another girl, who's not yet a believer, and the girl basically said that this young lady believes sometimes, and sometimes she doesn't. (Maybe this discouraged her from telling others, I don't know.)

She's also a little hung up on the fact that she still sins. I explained that we will always sin while we are on this earth ... we're human. Our desire should be to honor God (not sin), but it's not possible. She also quoted 2 Cor. 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" And she said how so many Christians say how God's changed their lives, but she doesn't notice a change in her own life.

Please pray for her!!!!

In Matthew 10:33, Jesus said, " but whoever denies Me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings slavation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."


No comments:

Post a Comment