Sunday, November 9, 2014

His ways are not my ways ...

 
This is my favorite verse because it applies to pretty much everything.

Back in March I had the idea to do a t-shirt fundraiser for my mom "if" she would ever agree to come. I thought it would go over really well, especially since the shirts are from a different country. Before the team left in June, I had to make a decision. Buy the shirts or not? My mom still wasn't saying yes at that time. God gave me faith and I bought them. From that point on I was mostly sure that she'd come, and I was sure that God was going to provide the way. However, I'd planned on Him providing through the t-shirts. After only a few shirts were taken the first month, I was a bit discouraged, but I knew I had to trust God. Again, I thought He'd provide through the shirts. Then my mom sent me a message to call her. I called and she started by telling me that my pastor made her cry. We both knew that pretty much anyone talking to her about me could make her cry. Finally she explained how the church was going to take care of the ticket! (From what I understand, someone or someone(s) from my home church offered to pay her ticket.) I smiled and said a big told you so! I said, "Remember? I told you God would provide!" And that He did, and then some!

The money given through the t-shirts is going towards some of the things she's bring for me and my co-workers / or her visa and other expenses.

THANK YOU to everyone who was / is involved in helping my mom come visit me. (This includes prayers)! I'm praying this trip has great eternal value!

She will be here soon! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment