"jong" is Khmer for "want"
This afternoon one of the guys on the team wasn't feeling so well, so he spent the afternoon/evening resting at the hotel. One of the girls taught his afternoon class, and I taught his evening class. Today was the last day of actual classes, and the team wanted to make sure to share the Greatest Story Ever with each class, so that's what I did with this evening class!
While I was sharing, there was one guy, Sa-Rye, who was very interested in the story. There is this look that people generally have when they're truly listening and wanting to learn more about Jesus, and his eyes were filled with that desire! (He has been studying with our organization for well over a year.)
I shared the whole story with this small class of five students, two of which are already believers, then at the end I asked what they thought. He was the first to say anything ... "I want to believe Jesus." I'm not sure why, but I was somehow a little shocked, and unsure what to do. I encouraged one of the other believers, Roahtana to talk more about what that means, then I shared Romans 10:9, then the other believer told him in Khmer, "You can believe NOW if you want?" He said, "jong," which means he wants!!! It was so exciting to hear that in Khmer, understand it, then hear him say in his own language that he wants to believe.
Roahtana led Sa-Rye in prayer to follow Christ! They talked for a little bit afterwards.
Later in the night, when I was on Facebook, Sa-Rye messaged me, "Teacher, what can I do when I believe Jesus?" :-D That is so awesome! --> Pray, read the Bible, and tell others about Jesus!!! Our classes have been studying the gospel of Mark, and they all have a copy of it in Khmer and English, so I suggested that he start reading Mark.
Please pray for Sa-Rye, as he begins to grow as a new child of the King!
Also, pray that others will, "jong" too! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment