Monday, August 5, 2013

America ...

As you probably already know, my grandma went home to be with the Lord on July 16, 2013.  I was fortunate to be able to go home for the funeral!  

Phyllis Joan Lister

It was great to get to see my family and friends again! You can't imagine how encouraged I was during those two weeks. So many people gave me hugs, told me how they've been praying for me, asked questions about what God is doing in Cambodia ... It was a true blessing!

I was especially encouraged by those of you who I talked to and I could tell that you've been reading these blogs! That alone was a tremendous encouragement, so thank you to all of you who are reading this and not only keeping up with my personal life, but more importantly, getting updated in how God's at work on the other side of the world, AND YOU HAVE A PART IN IT! I pray that through this, you feel more a part of it and that it encourages you to pray for Cambodia!

I also really enjoyed answering questions and telling stories about what's going on here. Some of those times were over a meal with friends, in front of my church, and with my aunt's church! That being said, if you ever have questions, or just want to know more you can message me, and / or we could Skype. If I'm busy I'll let you know, but don't assume that I am busy, because I can generally make time for that, and it's a great encouragement to me! :-D

Some things I was "reminded" of while in America:
- I am truly loved by more people than I know
- So many people are taking part in this ministry though prayer and financial support
- People care and want to help (but generally aren't sure how)
- It's a hundred times easier to talk about Jesus with complete strangers, whether in the States or over seas, than it is with family
- Do what you need to do. Don't wait around for the perfect moment. (Before I left in Jan. I'd wanted to tell a friend of mine about something and also ask for prayer, but it didn't "come up." Again I got to see here while I was in America. It's not a secret and it was something she already knew about, but again it "didn't come up." Before I left she told me if there's anything she could pray for to let her know ... "well, actually ..." :-D  which leads me to my next "lesson"
- Ask people how you can pray for them
- Take time and pray WITH them (I was visiting with another friend and she was going through a rough time, so I prayed with her. Afterwards she shared how she was so encouraged and thankful for that, which in turn encouraged me.)
- The same friend above said, " I could throw a fit, slam doors, and give the silent treatment, or I can just go with it and trust that everything will work out." (The second half of that was paraphrased)
- It is crucial to spend quality time with God each day! A wise woman told a group of us, "you don't wake up in the morning and wonder if you should brush your teeth that day." Why do we not have the same surety of spending time with God through prayer and His Word as we do that we'll brush our teeth?
- No place on this planet is perfect
- Only God can fill voids ... not a country, not a place, and not a person

Therefore, seek God with all of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment