"I Wonder A Lot" is the title (translated into English) of the workshops we will be doing over the next few weeks. The purpose of the workshops is to bring in non-Christians who are interested about Christianity and let them hear what the Bible says on some questions they may have. After the workshops end, we're hoping to be able to start some Bible studies with the students who are hungry to know more.
Have you ever hated or become angry with Cambodians who believe in Jesus and share the gospel with others?
Why do Christians try to persuade others to believe in Jesus? Do they get money from foreigners or an organization? What's in it for them?
I love my country and my people. If I follow Jesus, will I be throwing away my Cambodian culture?
My friends and family say that if I believe in Jesus, I am not a real Cambodian. Is this true?
I have heard that Christianity is a foreign religion or "their religion." Because most Cambodians feel that Buddha is the god of Cambodia, shouldn't Cambodians follow Buddha?
There are two men. One spends a lifetime in sin but believes in Jesus before he dies. Therefore he has salvation. The other man seems to spend his whole life doing good things, but never has salvation because he doesn’t believe in Jesus. How can this be? It seems like God is not just!
Why did God create Satan?Why doesn’t God destroy Satan?
Why does God allow evil and suffering?
Have you ever held the view that all religions are good – they all teach people how to be good and how to have peace?
I heard that Christians do not respect their parents. Is this true?
Why don’t Christians burn incense?
If Jesus is the one true God why was he born after other gods?
These are some of the questions that are commonly asked by Cambodians. For the workshop, we will bring up the question, have some discussion time, then give the answer! (All of this will be done in Khmer, with Cambodian believers leading everything)
This Saturday afternoon (BKK) / early morning while you're sleeping (CST), is when we'll have the first workshop (Feb 22nd)! Next Saturday (March 1st) we'll have the 2nd part of the workshop, and on the 8th we'll go on a small trip with the participants.
Please pray for us and our brothers and sisters who are helping to lead:
- Pray that God will give us LOVE for those who come
- Pray that He'll give us wisdom / the words to speak
- Pray that we'll be able to connect with those who come
Also pray for the Holy Spirit to be stirring up hearts and give people a strong desire to know the TRUTH!
-Pray for Him to prepare "good soil" hearts
-Pray for open schedules.
No comments:
Post a Comment