It started out with waking up early! I had language today, and though I learned sentences (which overwhelm me in some ways) it was good. I learned phrases and words that I'd just been thinking about yesterday, and wanted to learn! I can now ask students in Khmer, "How long have you been coming here?" where we teach English. I also learned about the different ways to say "I don't know." I already knew what the words were, but was not sure which word to use with which situation. Both of these things, I'd just thought about a day earlier! WOW!
If you know me very well, you probably know that I have no sense of direction, and get lost easily; therefore, I haven't really ventured out. That means my lunch options are limited to my house(which means PB&J or the equivalent of Ramen Noodles), The Terrace (which I'm a little burnt out on), or The Green Shop (which I don't know how to order by myself and get something I would be comfortable eating). (Don't worry, I am eating just fine!):-) With all that being said, on my way to language this morning,I was thinking about what I would do for lunch, and remembered that there was a KFC near the Russian Market, which I pass on my way to language. I would just have to go a block out of my way. That's a safe option, and good food! I made it without any problems! Yay! I did something all on my own! I feel so accomplished! Hahaha! This was my view of the Russian Market, as I ate lunch!
During the two o'clock class, I review what I'd just learned in language. Since I taught the class for a week, I already have a relationship with some of the students. After class, two of the students, Sokia (believer) and P-2 (non-believer), helped me with my laguage. Both have very good English, which helps a lot! After helping me, P-2 picked up a tract and asked me if I knew the story. The tract is written completely in Khmer and has a lot of pictures. I looked at the pictures and figured out it was the story of the rich man and Lazarus. He and Sokia said something and I guess she wasn't sure how to answer something he asked so she ased me to explain the story. I went through and told the story. From that, we got to talk about how that story relates to out lives. We were able to talk for a while, and I believe God was working in P-2's heart! I could see it in his eyes. I was even able to share about what Tear-E had just told me the day before about having joy and hope and not being lonely anymore and about her parents. Last week P-2 said one big reason he doesn't choose to follow Jesus is because of his family. Please pray for P-2, that he would seek and find God!P-2 believed at the end of June 2013! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! However, he's not been able to come to the student center where I teach, or go to church. We've only seen / heard from him a handful of times since he chose to follow Jesus. When I did get to talk to him a few months ago, he was having a pretty hard time. (27 Nov '13)
After the evening class I got to talk to Tear-E again. We were talking with another believing student, and she pointed out a red bracelet he was wearing. They said something, then he asked if it was bad. I was a little confused that I knew about it and he did not, so I asked Tear-E, "don't people wear that for protection from spirits?" He somehow didn't know that, but was wearing it because a nun had given it to him when he was at the Royal Palace, and he thought it looked nice. He threw it in the trash and was a little embaraced because he'd been wearing it for three days. I noticed that Tear-E was not wearing one of those bracelets anymore. She said after she had a moto accident a few months ago, her dad gave her a yellow bracelet for protection, but she took it off two days ago! Yay! In this picture, you can see the red bracelet. I have not yet gotten to see this young lady since I've been back :-(
Crystal and I have decided that every Thursday night we will eat dinner and watch a movie, or do somethin fun! (We do this other nights too, but Thursdays are guaranteed every week.) Last week we had pizza and attempted to watch The Hobbit. This week, Crystal made rice and stir fry potatoes, winter melon (I bought it for the salad thinking it was cumumber), and chicken. I went to the store, cut up the chicken, and made the salad. :-) Then we watched The Proposal, which I'd never seen before. Now I am going to bed!
THE END!

No comments:
Post a Comment