-- I have been a lot more motivated lately, even in this heat. Please continue to pray for me and EVERYONE here, especially my team!
-- It is not common to visit other people's homes in Cambodia, but with the Duncan team here, God opened up doors (literally)! I was able to join them in visiting three homes, in which the mothers of some old students cooked dinner / dessert for us. The parents do not follow Jesus, yet they opened their homes and served so many Christians! Here are a few pictures of three of the homes.
>>Please pray for these families, that God would open their eyes to The Truth.
Wednesday Night Dinner
Thursday Night Dinner --Pigs feet and Eggplant!
Thursday Night Dessert


-- "Food" has always been a prayer request of mine, and God has been giving me different opportunities to answer that request. I got to eat pigs feet at a student's house on Thursday night. During Friday lunch with the Duncan team I tried frog legs (they really do taste like chicken). I would actually eat them again. I've secretly wanted to try baby duck egg for a few weeks, and was encouraged by a friend to tell my roommate. Then Friday night, I initiated going to eat it. Attempt #1: I ate the yolk of the egg and it was "okay" at first, then the taste set in and there was no way I was going to eat the duck. After a little while I got brave and thought I could mix it with my beef to mask the taste and texture. I got a tiny bit of it and couldn't taste it! Then tried to get more, but couldn't get a small enough piece, so better luck next time! Here is the picture before I tried baby duck egg.

-- I'm not much of an initiator when it comes to talking about myself and things I "need" to talk about. But even in the little things, like misinterpretation and things not going the way I expected, God guided a conversation with a dear friend, so that I could talk to her about it, right when I needed it!
-- I have met a few times with a strong believing girl, Sokia , with the goal of preparing both of us to share the gospel and be able to start a small group to study the Bible and answer questions for non-believers, or to train young believers. We meet Tuesday afternoon. A few days ago, P2 asked if he could join our Bible study! Praise the Lord. This Tuesday we will be practicing the Greatest Story Ever and sharing it with P2. Then we'll be going through five lessons on "Should I follow Jesus." How great is that? Please pray for this group and P2!
-- On Monday afternoons, JT is starting a similar group. I am pretty sure that P2 and We-ray-ak (I spelt his name We-Rack in the newsletter) will both be in this group!
No comments:
Post a Comment